Saturday, June 27, 2009

I Am A Person

How did I get this way? 
Once outspoken
Confident
and cheerful
the child within me 
has vanished
What makes me bitter
unhappy 
and undeserving?

I am faced with so many 
questions and decisions
Where is my faith in God? 
Did I lose it with my sense of self? 
I struggle to gain my independence  
to become my own person
but I am scared that 
I cannot stand on my own two feet
While held up 
by my family and my faith
I could face any obstacle
And as these pillars 
are pulled out from under me
I feel so fragile
In my darkest times
these supports have kept me alive
What crazy horror 
could ensue with their absence? 

I reach out 
and one lone hand is there 
to catch me
hold me 
and love me
Without it I would fall
Silent tears run down my face
full of worries
fears
and hope
So much rests in your hands
I am sorry to give you
such a large burden
I understand 
my responsibilities 
what I need to get done
I will show the world
I am a person
No more motions
of daily activities
I live MY life now
Please stand there beside me                                                                                                                      
I love you
and trust you. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home