Knowing and Doing are Two Separate Things
I know enough to know that I shouldn't be selfish or jealous yet I can't help it. I feel burdened and overwhelmed by so much of my own struggles that I think to myself, how can I possibly deal with another troubled person. But in my search to find God and peace in my life, how can I neglect a person in such need? Such paradoxes describe my existence. I cannot help but feel upset because my family and I have enough to deal with, especially with the separation. I don't understand what could possibly be so terrible that a person would go to such extremes. Being misunderstood and under-appreciated is a part of my every day life. But I cannot leave a lonely person to feel the same despair I feel. I hope to find that strength and wisdom to reach out and help others. Maybe if I can get through this, I can be a model for others to follow. I hope that even while working on defining myself as a person, I can take the time to support those who are also unbalanced in their life. I know I need help to find the strength to find myself and to also comfort others.
A PRAYER FOR STRENGTH
O Lord,
In this time of need, strengthen me. You are my strength and my shield; You are my refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. I know, Father, that Your eyes go to and fro throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts long for You. The body grows weary, but my hope is in You to renew my strength.
I do not fear, for You are with me.
I am not dismayed or overwhelmed, for You are my God. I know You will strengthen me and help me; that You will uphold me with Your righteous hand. Even as the shadows of illness cover me, I feel the comfort of Your strength, Or Lord.
Amen.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home